Saturday, February 26, 2011

What to Say?

     Have you ever been writing and a friend or a co-worker ask you can they read it?  Well it happened to me a few weeks ago and I swear she has looked at me different ever since!  I tried to warn her that I wrote along the lines of erotica and she said, "Oh I can handle it.."  She turned 4 shades of red by the time she was finished.  I wanted to feel embarrassed for her, but I warned her, so what was I supposed to do?
    
    I have been writing for as long as I can remember but I never did anything with it.  I didn't even keep most of it.  However, I have always enjoyed writing fantasies and erotica.  My boyfriends loved my imagination!  Only now it's alittle awkward at class reunions.  Wonder if they still have that "adventurous" side now?
    
    So my question for you is, are you an "open book?"  When asked what genre you write in do you say, "Contemporary Romance" or do you call it "Erotica?"  And you know if you write erotica or not---trust me.

2 comments:

  1. No erotica here- but I do write sexy/sensual. I don't usually chat about my writing to a lot of people at work due to my profession/day job. I've told some I write but not my pen name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like sexy/sensual... That needs to be it's own genre!

    ReplyDelete